Gratitude is the Real Deal.
Have you ever heard of a gratitude journal? We learned about it from Ms. Oprah who speaks emphatically about the power of being thankful.
Everyday, write down a few things you are grateful for.
The items on your list can be big like, I'm thankful for getting through the last six months when I thought I would not make it.
And they can also be less obvious things you may take for granted like, I am grateful for the honey I put in my morning tea.
Make note of the people and things that have yet to manifest in your life but that you're already grateful for.
We suggest doing this first thing in the morning, as getting into this mind space can do wonders for the rest of your day. But getting those feelings down on paper any time that works for you is key.
Need some guidance? Let's make a list together:
1. I am grateful for having the physical and mental capacity to read this email.
2. I am grateful for stepping into a new year of possibilities and blessings.
3. I am grateful for Kofi Siriboe. ️
4. I am grateful for my coat keeping me warm as the winter approaches.
5. I am grateful for The Wrap Life's new jewelry collection.
6. I am grateful for the feeling of sitting back with my favorite tea and reading a good book.
7. I am grateful for Fenty Beauty and the glee it brought so many women this year.
8. I am grateful for the family and friends I will spend the holidays with.
9. I am grateful for the many days of lunch I will make with holiday party leftovers.
10. I am grateful for the chance to actively work towards my self-growth and happiness.
Try writing down 10 things everyday for a week. Chances are you won't want to stop.
What are you grateful for? Do you actively practice gratitude? Reply with your thoughts. :)